(Lafayette, LA) The fifth annual CajunCodeFest coding competition was held March 29 – April 1, 2017 in the Universit
The CajunCodeFest Health Tech & Entrepreneurial Summit was held on April 22 for students, faculty, staff and the public to learn more about the growing health technology industry and advice on how to turn your ideas into a startup at the UL Lafayette Alumni Center, from 9:00 am – 4:30 pm.
CajunCodeFest Health Tech & Entrepreneurial Summit Speakers
- Opportunities to Use Data for Transformative Clinical Innovation- Thomas Carton, MS, Ph.D., Director, Health Sciences Research, Principal Investigator, REACHnet
- Technology Addresses Issues in Health Care - Claude Pirtle, MD, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans; Co-Founder and Senior Developer, Intern 911 Medical Applications
- Building a Better Interface Design - Jeffrey Lush, Associate Professor and Co-Coordinator for Graphic Design, Department of Visual Arts, UL Lafayette
- Transitioning your Research to Market- Arun Lakhotia, Ph.D., CEO, Cythereal; Professor of Computer Science, School of Computing and Informatics, UL Lafayette
- Consumer Engagement mHealth Solutions - Scott Sittig, Department Head for Allied Health, UL Lafayette
- Entrepreneurial Keys to Success - Zachary Barker, Executive Director, Opportunity Machine
- Startup Accelerator Process - Pete Prados, Chief Idea Officer; Director, Innov8 Acadiana
The summit is combined with CajunCodeFest, an annual health coding competition held at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette that focuses on a different health care issue each year.